Tuesday 17 January 2012

The beginning...


Ryan was born on Friday, October 15, 2010 at 12:08pm. He was a healthy 8lbs. 2oz. and 21" long. The first few weeks were spent getting on some sort of a schedule...very difficult to do but an absolute must as his older sister Quin (just 18 months old) needed her Mommy and Daddy ready to play at the drop of a hat! At Ryan's 4 week check up I addressed a concern to the doctor. "I don't feel connected to him at all." I bathed him, fed him, kept him warm, dry, clean and cuddled...but I never felt that he was "with me"...something seemed off. His doctor assured me that I was probably just feeling overwhelmed being a new Mom again and having Quin who was still so young and needing so much of me. I agreed and went home feeling a little better. Time went on though and at his 2 month check up I told her I was feeling the same and that it didn't help that he never wanted to look at me (little did I know at the time that he was unable to see me). There were also some concerns that he always seemed to have his head twisted off in one direction...generally to the right. One of his eyes seemed a little off as well. The doctor decided to refer us to a pediatrician just to be on the safe side. This struck the fear of all fears in me as I thought what could be the problem. He looks great...he's growing...he's acting like a baby. Nothing is wrong with him...no, not MY baby...he's just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.